Microsoft security advisory: Update to default cipher suite priority order: May 12, 2015
Microsoft has released a Microsoft security advisory about this issue for IT professionals. The security advisory contains additional security-related information. To view the security advisory, visit the following Microsoft website: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/3042058
To configure the SSL Cipher Suite Order Group Policy setting
- At a command prompt, type gpedit.msc, and then press Enter. The Local Group Policy Editor is displayed.
- Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Network, and then click SSL Configuration Settings.
- Under SSL Configuration Settings, click SSL Cipher Suite Order.
- In the SSL Cipher Suite Order pane, scroll to the bottom.
- Follow the instructions that are labeled How to modify this setting.
- You have to restart the computer after you change this setting for the changes to take effect.
- The list of cipher suites is limited to 1,023 characters.
- Using Group Policy as described here is the supported method of updating the cipher suite priority ordering. Updating the registry settings for the default priority ordering is not supported. If you change these registry settings, this update will reset them to the default settings.
Note Windows 7 users should also install update 3020369.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8
- Windows RT
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Highly Recommended: To scan, diagnose and repair your computer, use the Free Download recommended below. This program is designed to diagnose and repair errors that may be causing your computer to malfunction. SmartPCFixer is a comprehensive PC booster utility which can help you easily protect, maintain and speed up your computer. It can detect, remove and block register error, dll error, common Trojan horses with ease. With this software, you can quickly and completely troubleshoot Microsoft security advisory: Update to default cipher suite priority errors. Now you can follow the removal steps to automatically and quickly fix Microsoft security advisory: Update to default cipher suite priority errors.
1. Download SmartPCFixer Now. (Free Download Now)
2. Click Quick Scan to Fix Microsoft security advisory: Update to default cipher suite priority error immediately.
3. Click Fix All to remove all computer error and speed up your PC automatically.
Hp Recovery Manager Restoration Incomplete,Cwdxpx1,Error 3724,0x000005b4 Errortimeout,(error 800705aa) Patch
Read More:,Updates fail - BITS won't start. "error code -2147024894",Windows activation required after SSD clone,KB 3077715 (optional DST rollup) - good, bad, indifferent?,13 new optional Windows Updates released today,Uninstall Java 6 Update 7